- Category: Training informations
- Published Date
- Written by Dr. Yamani
- Hits: 849
What is it?
A comprehensive "first" course for persons with little or no background in ultrasonic testing. Although introductory, this program offers in-depth coverage of ultrasonic theory and instrument operation. Lab training stresses procedural testing and proper recording of test results. Applications include precision thickness gauging, flaw detection and evaluation, plus introduction to angle beam and immersion testing. This course is practical in nature, utilizes classroom participation, and allows for hands on application in the use of ultrasonic equipment for compression wave and shear wave calibration and scanning.
Who should attend?
The course is designed for manufacturers, NDT inspection companies, services companies, and overhaul facilities, who require their personnel to be trained in Level I Ultrasonic Testing.
- Introduction (Advantages and Limitations, Applications Overview)
- Basic Sonic (Velocity, Frequency, Wavelength)
- Generation of Sound
- Wave Mode
- Test Technique Variables
- Ultrasonic Instrument Operation
- Thickness/Distance Measurement
- Flaw Detection and Evaluation
- Introduction to Angle Beam Testing (IIW Block Setup, Flaw Location)
- Introduction to Immersion Testing (Test Setup, Scanning)
Pre-requisites & Comments
Levels I courses are basic programs for people with little or no technical background. For the onsite training, the class size depends upon the requirement of the employer and is limited for maximum utilization of instructor and equipment.